I would love to travel, but I don't have the means to do so.
I am very blessed to have what I have, and God is very good to me.
So I will only dream of travel, and will post all the places I want to see.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Arles, France


What does a Roman Amphitheater and obelisque, Vincent Van Gogh, beautiful old buildings, and the Rhine have in common? That is Arles, France pronounced without the S.
I know I use  the phrase "so beautiful" a great deal on my blog, but this city is so beautiful.
They still have events inside the Amphitheater. I cannot imagine the wonder of going inside, and actually watching a performance, or to just to go inside. To think of all the people through out time who have walked inside, and who had hopes and dreams and feelings just like we do-- it just astounds my mind.
 I would love to meet these people at Starbucks, and over coffee speak of both worlds. I know anyone who actually reads this would think Starbucks, why not a cafe in Arles with a beautiful view. I live in Texas so the closest cafe I have is a Starbucks, and believe there is one every couple of miles.



Another very strong reason for me to go to Arles is that Vincet van Gough stayed there and painted hundreds of  paintings about the city. I love his art, and to go to the place where he drew his inspiration would be--words could not describe. I found this picture of a scene he painted and a scene from today. I thought was amazing.


When you add in amazing older buildings, and the Rhine, then how could anyone go wrong visiting here.
So again this would be a dream vacation for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment