I would love to travel, but I don't have the means to do so.
I am very blessed to have what I have, and God is very good to me.
So I will only dream of travel, and will post all the places I want to see.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mansfield, Missouri

I know this might not be the location most people dream about visiting, but I would love to see Rocky Ridge Farm where Laura and Almanzo Wilder lived.
You may know Laura Ingals Wilder from the Little House books, which I strongly recommend to everyone to read, no matter what age.
Almanzo wasn't a tall man, and built the house himself perfect for his height. It was the second house he built as the first one burned down in De Smet, Sd (where I also want to visit as Laura's fathers home is still there.)

laura ingalls wilder and almanzo



rocky ridge farm

A great reason to go would be to see Pa's fiddle. He played it many times as Laura was growing up to help them get through rough, and happy times. He was an amazing man.


pa's fiddle

 This would be a great vacation for me, though I'm sure it wouldn't be for everyone.

Please don't confuse the books with the TV show which I never could watch, it is not a fair or even a decent representation of the books.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPY9IIGAvgU


No comments:

Post a Comment